When you use our services, you trust us with your information. Your privacy is important to us and it is The Carriage Rooms/Montalto Estate’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect. Accordingly, we have developed this policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate, disclose and make use of personal information.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which said information is being collected. We may collect data in a number of ways including online, face to face and over the phone
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling certain purposes including to provide a full service to you as a customer, to communicate with you about offers and events and administrative purposes, and for other compatible purposes, unless required by law
- Our data retention policy ensures we only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the full knowledge or consent of the individual concerned
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be as much as possible accurate, complete, and, up-to-date
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification
- We will make readily available to customers, information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information
We use ‘cookies’ to store certain types of information each time you interact with us. Cookies enable our system to recognise your computer and allow us to see how you use our site: for example, we may track the areas of our website that you visit, to help us understand what elements of The Carriage Rooms experience are of particular interest to you, to help us understand which sites you have accessed our website from, and to help us understand which website you visit next, after leaving ours.
Most browsers allow you to stop receiving cookies if you want: you can usually do this from your own computer.
We do not, and will not ever sell your personal information to any third party organisation.
We do not, and will not ever, provide any of the personal information you give to us, to any third party individual or organisation, except with your prior express consent.
We do require the services of a small number of selected third parties to communicate effectively with you. This includes Mailchimp (email partner) and Survey Monkey (for feedback).
To read their privacy policies please click below:
Survey Monkey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/legal/privacy-policy/
Access to information:
You have the right to view the personal information we hold about you. This is known as a ‘subject access request’. You also have the right of erasure.
If you would like to access your personal data held by us or delete it, please apply in writing or via email to the data security team:
The Carriage Rooms
or firstname.lastname@example.org stating clearly in the subject line, what your email is in reference to.
A copy of this information will be sent to you as soon as possible but this will not be later than 40 days after your request.
The Carriage Rooms at Montalto will always act upon your choices in terms of whether you would like to receive communications from us.
Mailing list: When you opt-in to sign up for our mailing list, either at the time of enquiry, on our website or when entering a competition or similar, we collect personal information. We use this for a number of reasons; to share information you may be interested in including upcoming events; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information, to ensure our records are correct and to check now and then that you are a happy and satisfied customer. We also gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our marketing and services.
Please be advised you can easily unsubscribe at any time by either clicking the unsubscribe button in any of our marketing emails or by contacting us through the above address.
There are some communications that need to happen regardless of your marketing preferences. These are what we would describe as essential communications which help us fulfil our promises to you, either as a member or as a buyer of our goods or services.
Examples of this type of communication are as follows:
- Transaction notification messaging such as payment confirmation
- Confirmation emails regarding your event or wedding
- Event notification in the event of a time/location change or cancellation
Third party links:
Our site contains links to other websites. The Carriage Rooms is not responsible for the privacy practices, or the content, of these sites. If you have followed a link from The Carriage Rooms websites to another website, you may be supplying personal data directly to a third party individual or business yourself.